Saturday, September 22, 2007

Yeah. It's been a while since my last post, and I'm sorry about that, but a lot has happened. I've been really busy, what with school and youth starting again, and my home computer stopped working, meaning that my only computer time is the limited amount I can wrangle in computer class - generally, enough to check my email and read messages, but not enough time to reply. But I have enough free time today to at least start this post - whether or not I finish remains to be seen.

So, moving along in chronological order from the last post: the day after my last post was the first day of school. As you probably know, I was a little apprehensive, but it turned out I had nothing to be worried about. There was one girl, Holly, that I had sort of been friends with last year, but hadn't spent a bunch of time with because she didn't get along so well with the three girls I mostly hung around with. I saw her fairly early on this year - I think at lunch on the first day - and we were fast friends again, which made me really happy. She's also friends with some of the people I had kind of known last year - you know, they'd been in one or two classes with me, we'd had a few conversations, but i'd never really bothered to get to know them. Now, however, I am and they've turned out to be great people and good friends.

The people I met working on the school orientation day have become close friends as well, especially Gil, since he and Holly already knew each other and it worked out that the three of us were in the same chemistry class. That's become my favourite class - the three of us have more fun than should ever be allowed in class. :P

I think I also mentioned being a wanna-be techie, since Gil and my other friends from orientation were all in tech crew (that's the group of people who runs sound, lighting, etc. for all the big school functions.) Well, I'm no longer a wanna-be! I joined the tech crew, as did Holly, and it's exciting to get to know people from that group as well. I even got my locker switched from some random corner halfway across the school into the drama/ music room hallway - easy access to the stage and drama room for tech stuff, and it's right next to Gil's locker and close to Holly's and her friends who I'm getting to be friends with. (see a couple paragraphs above.)

So overall, school is shaping up to be really great. Besides the social aspect of it, I'm mostly enjoying my classes and quite like the majority of my teachers.

Also, last Monday I got a cell phone. That was VERY exciting for me, considering how I've wanted a cell phone for ages. I've kept track of all the major milestones too:

First number dialed from the cell: Kari's cell
First text message sent: Kari
First text message received: Tyler
First person to answer the phone when I called from my cell: Amy
First call received: Home
First contact added: Kari
First time I saw my cell as a contact in someone else's cell: last Friday in Jordan's phone
First time I dropped the cell: Saturday at the church garage sale

Yeah. I'm really doting on my little phone, and I think my poor iPod feels left out. It used to get that kind of attention, but now... poor thing.

Quizzing and youth have started too - a very welcome addition to my life. I've missed them greatly. I've got to run though, I'll post again soon. Hopefully.

~~~

"Insanity is the best status you could possibly have in the mind of another. It frees you from all expectations, and people are pleasantly surprised when you do something half-intelligent."

1 comment:

adifferentfeeling said...

nice to see your having fun