Friday, July 20, 2007

Late night phone calls = <3

So I recently discovered that my phone plan, which includes unlimited Canada/ US calling, also includes 1000 free minutes basically anywhere in the world. I have this friend that I met a year ago. He lives in Australia. All year, we've been emailing and arranging msn conversations and all that complicated stuff, while also missing each other like mad and wishing we could see or at least talk to one another. And then I figured out that we can!

So yesterday, I sent him an email telling him about the phone plan and how theoretically, I could call him if he was interested, and then I periodically checked my email all afternoon/ evening for a response. I checked it on a whim at about 10 pm, just before i was planning to head in the bed-type direction, and there he was! So i quickly talked to him and he gave me his number and i called him right then and we ended up talking until after midnight. My parents were relatively annoyed... oops... but it was the most amazing thing to talk to him again and hear his lovely accent! Somehow I didn't really think we'd basically ever talk again unless we visited each other's country, so this for me was sooo exciting and pretty much made my... well, it would have made my week if my week hadn't started in Costa Rica. But it was still awesome.

Anyway, that's the most exciting thing to happen to me since I got home.

~~~

"That guy's a big bloke!"

No comments: