Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Costa Rica + Sweet 16!

Hey everybody!
Well, I'm home from Costa Rica now and I had an absolutely amazing time. I couldn't even begin to tell you how everything was, but it was incredible. The biggest realization I had was I guess just the power, greatness and love of God, which was probably the point of the trip anyway. But I mean, there was more to it than that... rice and beans, quotes, falling in fountains... sigh. Maybe what I'll do for the next few days is post a story about the trip every day.

It was great though, and I stayed up until 2 last night yakking about it. Then I slept until 12, which is completely out of the ordinary for me! Even more out of the ordinary is that I'm still tired, but I suppose that can be excused, because before I went to bed, in a period of 41 hours, I only slept for 3-4 of them.

And today is my birthday! I'm 16, still without a learners licence, but very excited for the new year of my life. And honestly, there's no better way to start it than having just come from the greatest trip of my life. In fact, I sort of miss the trip already. It's weird to wake up on my own, without Amy in the same room and noises of 7 other girls getting ready. And to be sitting here, on the computer, all alone without someone dibsing it after me or Graham sitting behind me with his guitar... it's just different. I got so used to all these people that it doesn't feel right without them, and I really do feel like we're all a family now. I love you all!

So now, to choose a quote to end the post... this shall be difficult.


~~~

"On the plus side, Imodium is delicious."

2 comments:

Melda said...

I know exactly what you mean! It honestly feels so weird to sleep in and then wander around the house all day doing basically nothing but read and go on the computer. I feel so pointless. Though granted, it is nice to not feel murderous intentions toward an alarm clock every morning.

Quizzing Nerd said...

Funny thing is, I know exactly what you mean too even though I was somewhere far less remote. Especially about people dibsing the computer after. Haha. And about doing nothing, because I'm staying at a friends' place this weekend and I'm just sitting around, reading, listening to country music, and enjoying the fact that I do not have to explain difficult theological concepts to eight little preteens who seem to have ADD (and one or two who actually do) at cabin devos like I would be at 9:30 during the week.

Happy birthday! :) It doesn't seem quite right for you to be 16 already, but it'll probably make more sense when I see you this October. :P

Quizzing Nerd