Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sleep

(yeah, I know I haven't posted in ages. So shoot me.)

I am of the opinion that you sleep better if you know you don't have to get up. I've been having great, wonderful, long sleeps since school let out. I wake up in my own time, kind of drift into consciousness rather than being rudely shoved into wakefulness by the incessant screaming of an alarm clock. It's quite peaceful and I enjoy it, because I know that it doesn't matter when I get up anyway.

But then this morning, I had to get up at 9 because I had to babysit at 10. I woke up at 7, tossed and turned for a while, went back to sleep, woke up at 7:45, kind of drifted off until 8:15, and then stayed there in a semiconscious, not awake, not asleep state until quarter to 9, at which point I decided it was pointless and I might as well just get up.

So I had a crummy sleep for the last couple hours, because I knew my sleep would be ending soon. Turned out that my babysitting job got cancelled anyway, but the point is that you sleep better when you're guaranteed sleep. When you're under pressure to sleep; when you know that you won't be able to sleep past a certain time, you end up not sleeping at all.

That's got to be one of the more pointless posts I've ever made. Humph.

~~~

"that's... not my name."

3 comments:

Quizzing Nerd said...

*shoots Erin*

;)

(You asked)

BTW, the pointless posts are often the best. I was amused by this, as I've had similar experences. It's better to not sleep so well than to sleep through it, though. I'm dreading trying to get to sleep at camp...I go to bed at about 12:00, have to get up at about 6:00, and sleep in the overly hot B.C air. Hopefully I don't get sick from lack of sleep.

That was a pointless comment, but, hey, it was on a pointless post. :D

adifferentfeeling said...

wow pointless post are boring sorry if i offended you just speaking my mind

Anonymous said...

Very funny post. I know how that is, because I did that just the other day. :)