Sunday, June 10, 2007

I hate group work

No, that's not strong enough. I loathe it, I detest it, I despise it, I... I'm about to collapse. I don't even get it. This has happened before, where I'm in a group that doesn't pull their weight and I do most of the work. I don't mind - I even set myself up for it. I offer to do most of the work because I know I'll do it right. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but the truth is that I know the grammar rules, I have a wide vocabulary (at least when I'm writing,) and generally, I trust myself to do a good job. But now, the project is due tomorrow, one girl hasn't sent me a thing, and I don't even know. I think this is more the straw that broke the camel's back. It's all weighing down, it's crunch time, and only the strong ones can handle it. It just remains to be seen whether or not I can.

~~~

"That's it - we're giving you to the paper."

3 comments:

Quizzing Nerd said...

Well...I don't really know what to say. I know nothing about the nature of group work so there are no reassureances I could offer. Just pray about it and hope it turns out OK. I'll pray for you, too. :)

adifferentfeeling said...

hope everything goes well

Anonymous said...

Well said.