Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Your friendly neighbourhood spider-saver

That's what I turned into over the past two weeks in Idaho. It's a darn good thing I'm not afraid of spiders, or else we would have had a major problem, since pretty much every time I went into my bathroom, there was a lovely spider right beside the toilet. However, I'm a good person, and I like spiders, so rather than killing it, I would scoop it into my wastebasket and toss it into the garage. Unless it was late at night, at which time I would just flush it down the toilet - but that only happened a couple times.

My brother, on the other hand, is terrified of spiders and refused to use the downstairs bathroom for the entire holiday. Not that you'd see me complaining - it meant I had the bathroom to myself.

And on a slightly related topic - I saw the Simpsons movie and laughed myself stupid at the Spiderpig scene:

Marge looks up, says "How did the pig tracks get on the ceiling?"

Homer is holding pig up to ceiling, singing:
"Spiderpig, Spiderpig
Does whatever a Spiderpig does.
Can he swing from a web?
No he can't, he's a pig.
Look out, SpiderPig."

Thought of Jessica and died laughing. Drove my brother nuts. :P And laughed even harder when Homer later put a scar and a pair of glasses on the pig and declared, "He's not SpiderPig anymore. Now he's Harry Plopper."
I found it hilarious.

Speaking of Harry Plopper, I loved the last Potter book. I think the romantic pairings definitely ended up right, and overall it was a satisfactory ending. Maybe around Christmas I'll read all seven books in a row. That should be fun.

Not much else to say though. Later days.

~~~

"You've gone mad with power!"
"Of course I've gone mad with power! Have you ever tried going mad without power? It's boring and no one listens to you!"

2 comments:

Melda said...

*Love* the quote. Yeah, I liked the seventh book too. I'm still a little doubtful about Harry/Ginny and


SPOILER


FRED! LUPIN! TONKS! *sob* I didn't cry. But I came close.

~Sil

Anonymous said...

I know, I was sad, but I watched an interview with J.K. Rowling and she said that by killing Lupin and Tonks, she was creating almost a mirror of what happened to Harry... which I had already pretty much figured out but whatever.

I didn't cry either... the closest I came to crying was (call me crazy) when Ron came back and Hermione started beating up on him. Ah, gotta love teenage angst.