Saturday, May 19, 2007

Longest Blog Post Ever

Well. This is going to be long because, other than my rant about Melinda, I haven't posted for a couple weeks and an update on my life is in order.

First, the quiz meet was everything I expected and more. Just such a giant party. Amy and I drank coffee at 10:30 ish, because we were both tired, and remarkably, it worked. (although I think the effects were more psychological than anything else.) It was so nasty though - everything in me was trying to reject it but i forced it down. Then I spent over an hour catching up with an old friend from junior high who I really haven't sat down and talked to since probably grade 8. One of the biggest things I regret from my junior high years is not getting to know her better, but the past is in the past, I guess.

Then, at 1:30, she went to bed and Amy came over to me, half-asleep, and said "Can we go to bed now?" Of course, I snapped back, "NO!" and we decided we were going to get Coke. It too, worked wonders in keeping us awake for a half-hour, but at 2 we crashed and slept for a few hours.

In terms of quizzing itself, the quiz meet was alright... super for some people, not so super for others, and I was really middle of the road. I'm excited for next year though, a non-gospel with fewer verses should be a blast.

So then the next week was pretty irremarkable... we did Living Light News again, which was fun as always. Youth event was laser tag... luckily, I am better at laser tag than Halo, so I didn't make a total idiot out of myself. Weird thing though - between games, my hand was shaking. Like, crazy shaking, and I couldn't help it. I wasn't the only one either; Kyle was shaking like mad. It was strange - probably just from holding the gun. It was a lot of fun though. For one game, Kyle and I teamed up, but we were the worst teammates in the world.
Me: Nobody's coming past us. I'm bored. *shoots Kyle*
Kyle: Hey! *shoots me*
Haha.

The next morning, we got immunized for Costa Rica - all I needed was Hepatits A, but I was really worried, because normally shots, especially flu shots, totally immobilize my left arm. Really, they hurt like crazy for at least 3 days. Thankfully though, this one really had no effect on me! I was so happy... Kyle, however, was complaining that his right knee hurt, and he blamed it on the shot. He got the shot in his left arm... what a hypochondriac :P

Then we had a barbeque for the missions team, but before that, I had to go with Everett, Kyle, and Kyle's mom to pick up ice cream and ice cream cones. Oh my, what an experience. Never go grocery shopping with Kyle and Everett... it's insane. Everett wants anything with a brand name on it ("Bounty! The quicker-picker-upper!") and Kyle refuses to ask for directions or look at signs to figure out where things are - he works more by trial-and-error. I was almost ripping my hair out by the end of it.

After the barbeque, I went to Amy's house and was introducted to the wonders of the Wii. I never understood the attraction to it before, but now I do. Especially tennis - easily my favourite. As soon as I got there, I took the Wii fitness test and it was revealed that my Wii fitness age was 61. Slightly embarassing. But still, it was great. I even got a cramp in my Wii arm, lol. We also watched Pirates of the Caribbean 2, in preparation for Pirates 3. Ben, Amy and I finished the movie around midnight, so then we did another fitness test (my age dropped to 46! Yay!) and played for a while. We were all tired and somewhat giddy, though, so everything seemed ridiculously funny. Ben started calling me Ewin, and I decided that from now on, I am signing my name as Ewiinnn. That's right. Say that one out loud. :P It was a ton of fun though, and a little weird for moe ebcause I've always seen Ben as Amy's dorky little brother, and now, I'm starting to see him as a fellow youth, and even as a friend. It's pretty cool. He's a nice kid.

So after that... got up in the morning, went home after church... lived through the rest of the week until yesterday when I went to my uncle's wedding. It was... interesting. The ceremony was really small, probably about 15 people there, and then there was a reception-type-thing at their house afterwards, which, aside from the food, was kind of crummy. Nobody there for me to talk to really, so my uncle let me on his computer and that kept me happy for a while. However, it was an excuse to dress up, so it made it totally worthwhile. Haha.

And that brings us to today. It's the long weekend; I'm basically just hanging around home and getting decent amounts of sleep for the first time in weeks. It's SO NICE to not be wrenched out of lovely dreams in lovely places by an angry screaming alarm clock, but slowly and peacefully drift into consciousness. Sigh. But yeah, I have no plans and I like it that way. Well, no plans other than cleaning my bedroom and bathroom, vacuuming the basement, ironing clothes, and whatever else my mom can find for me to do. However, as I've explained before, I don't really mind.

I have a few other things I can think of to post about, including American idol and the upcoming finale, but this is long enough as it is. Kudos and love to anyone who actually read all that, and I'll post again at least once this weekend.

~Ewiinnn.

One of my favourite late-night Ben quotes:

Ben: Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Me: Sponge-Bob Square-Pants?
Ben: Nooo... EWINNN!!!

Followed by maniacal laughter due to lack of sleep.

1 comment:

Quizzing Nerd said...

Well, that made up for the lack of posting. Highly entertaining, and if I was going to hand out awards for best posts (not gonna happen) this would be included. I'm still chuckling.