Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Every little thing's gonna be alright

Don't have a bunch of time, but I want to say thank you, mainly Josh and Amy, for those last two comments. I'm still not completely happy about my friends changing schools, but the thing is, there's been a bunch of crap surrounding my relationships with those people. Maybe them going is exactly what I need to make a bit of a new start.

Also, it's kind of helped me figure out who my real friends are, and what even constitutes a real friend. I'm not saying that they're not friends, but well, when a real friend tries to cheer you up, it should work. It shouldn't sound forced or feel phony.
When a real friend wants to spend time with you and talk to you, you shouldn't dread it. It shouldn't drain you, it should build you up and re-energize you.
When a real friend asks you what's wrong, you should be ok with opening up at least somewhat, and not feel like you need to hide yourself.
When a real friend asks for your opinion, you should be able to be honest, and have them be honest in return, and feel that differences in opinions are mutually respected.
A real friend makes you feel valued and respected, and these people that I'm with now don't always do that for me. Oh, I know it's a two way street, and I'm not perfect either, but maybe we just need to part ways for a bit.

Yes, I'm back to being optimistic and my true friends have helped me be there. And though at this point, none of them go to my school, that's fine. I'll meet people, I'll broaden my horizons, and everything's gonna be just fine.



"Thank goodness no one heard that."
"What, the part about you turning into a man?"
*hysterical laughter

1 comment:

Melda said...

Wow, the quote made me laugh AGAIN. That's the mark of a funny quote.

And still many hugs! Teenage life and life in general can be so...like one of those line graphs. One minute you think you could practically touch the clouds and the next minute it's dropped you with a thud. Sometimes it takes a little while to pick yourself back up - and I'm always here for you :)

~Sil